...
What you see above is a woodcut of EL Kirchner, entitled "Portrait of Ludwig Schames, 1917. I
I never seen nothing but the portrait of a bearded man. That is, until Tuesday last year, when I projected the slide during a lecture on art history, the third D. I wonder why strange things always happen to me with this class.
Suddenly someone cried: "But, Professor, there's a naked woman!"
E, salted capers, there really is! How come I never noticed?
can not imagine the forty-eight that has been unleashed in the classroom.
"How come there is a naked woman??"
Eh, well ... People have to give an answer at that point. What ever could I say? No matter what, but not a lie. I could not, really. If I had thirteen years I would hate to hear me say stupid things from an adult, especially a teacher.
I said what I thought, and that is that the obsession with sex, it's not an invention simultaneously. There has always been.
That the German Expressionists, through art, fiercely criticized the society in which they lived, because the corrupt judges and petty. And the moral corruption of a society expresses itself through the latter's attitude toward sexuality.
But these artists did not live outside of the company, were among them ... and they too suffered the same attitudes that criticized.
Now I'm writing in a more elegant, but at that moment, you know, taken aback as I was, I do not know if I expressed very clearly ...
I think I said something like: "These authors had the obsession of sex ... Kirchner or maybe he meant that the character portrait had it ... and anyway, by your reaction I think we have it too. This is also normal. After all, sex is a natural thing, which accompanies us throughout our lives. It is up to each of us to decide how to live it, so beautiful, peaceful, or as an obsession, turning it into something ugly and perverse. See you. "
short, better than that (or less worse, you judge) at the time, I could not do.
Next time, though, I'll be more prepared.
...
0 comments:
Post a Comment