Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Boxing Gloves Main Event



the last three places I wanted to dedicate them to the three major anti-mafia: Peppino Impastato, Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino. But why did I do? The answer is simple: because I want to help keep alive the memory and sacrifice of these men who gave their lives to defeat an evil that is gripping almost two centuries our country, because I want to avoid that one day you say, " Borsellino was a criminal, a hero Provenzano. " To be
sincere something has already happened, even if no one paid much attention: Silvio Berlusconi said Vittorio Mangano was a hero. But why he said it and nobody did anything?
Simple: over the past 14 years in Italy has an Assisted preoccupantissimo inevoluzione process, which unfortunately you never pay too much attention.
start at the beginning: 14 years ago he applied for the first time the role of prime minister a businessman in Milan, who became famous for founding the azienza Mediaset television. At that time no one knew much about the past of this man, who appeared on the Italian political science as a dramatic problem solver, in a dark period of our republic. It was indeed the period of "Clean Hands", the judicial investigation that led to the end of the first republic and the disappearance of all the parties that until then had dominated the Italian political scene.
Berlusconi won the 1994 elections to the House of Freedom alliance of right-wing parties that included Forza Italy, the party founded by Marcello Dell'Utri order of Berlusconi. However, the Knight ruled a few months, because in December of that year, the Northern League leader Umberto Bossi, a Berlusconi ally, took his own confidence in the government, forcing the president to dissolve the rooms in advance.
At this point we began to investigate the past Silvio Berlusconi was found to have dealings with the Mafia (he had even hosted one, to whom he had entrusted the task to groom at his villa in Arcore). Already in 1992, Borsellino spoke of these reports. I will quote a few sentences that the judge told the two journalists who questioned him about it:

Journalist Does not it seem odd that some characters, such as large industrial Berlusconi, Dell'Utri, are linked to men of honor like Vittorio Mangano?

Borsellino: In the early seventies, Cosa Nostra began to become too firm, a company in the sense that by incorporating more and more important, that at some point became even monopoly in drug trafficking, Cosa Nostra began to manage a huge mass of capital, which of course needed to flow, in part because these funds were deposited or exported abroad and then this explains the closeness between elements of the Cosa Nostra and certain officers who were responsible for these movements of capital.

Journalist: You say that it is normal that Cosa Nostra interests of Berlusconi?

Borsellino: it is normal for those who owns large amounts of money looking for the tools to use this money, both in terms of recycling, both from the point of view to make money from this money.

Journalist: Mangano was a pilot fish?

Borsellino: Yes, look, I can tell that he was one of those characters that here were the bridges and bridgeheads mafia organization in northern Italy.

Journalist: It is said that he worked for Berlusconi?

Borsellino: I can not be said about it or even if I have to point out that as a judge I feel uncomfortable to say the things I'm not sure, I know there are even still on the subject of ongoing investigations. I do not know what acts are now known, ostensible and what should remain secret. The issue concerning his relationship with Berlusconi, it is a story that the memories or the memories, however, is a story that is not mine, I am not the judge who is dealing with so I do not feel authorized to say anything.

Journalist: There is an investigation still open?

Borsellino: I know there is an investigation still open.

Journalist: Eating and Berlusconi a Palermo?

Borsellino: Yes
Indro Montanelli revealed that he had left the Agriculture Directorate of the newspaper when Berlusconi, who was the owner, told him of wanting to use propaganda to make his party.
Berlusconi managed to get re-elected prime minister in 2001: the end of everything. The economy starts to go downhill, the increase in crime and muotre freedom of information: in fact, Berlusconi already controlled the second largest issuer of Italy (Mediaset). With the presidency of the council manages to get its hands on the RAI. Finally, with funding from the newspaper was able to plug the well in their mouth. The only news source that remains is pure internet, but as far as it will still be free?
However, the gist is that by controlling the media Berlusconi has managed to become a god and untouchable inddistruttibile, making us forget our past and filling our days with silly soap opera.
So if 14 years ago we considered Falcone and Borsellino heroes and fined at least those who said that a mob was a hero today is quiet. For example, a few weeks ago Berlusconi said that Vittorio Mangano was a hero because he has denounced reports that there were between Berlusconi and Cosa Nostra, even if doing so would have benefited from it. No one did anything to Berlusconi. So, in just 14 years, the mobster who does not speak has gone from hero to conspiratorial, even if the Italians still consider Falcone and Borsellino as great men.

0 comments:

Post a Comment