Tuesday, May 20, 2008
How Long Will You Take The Omeprazole
E 'with great pleasure that I collect Tindari Baglione's invitation to write a few lines on the ninth anniversary of the death of Paolo Borsellino, with whom I had the good fortune and honor to share an unforgettable experience Jobs at the public prosecutor of Marsala, but at the same time with the same deep grief, turning back to retrace those years and those terrible events, I note how the anger and outrage that followed the brutal murders of summer 1992 has given way to a weary apathy that slides (fear) into oblivion. Now I live and work away from Sicily and my opinions are formed solely on the basis of a reading of the crimes reported in the newspapers and on a critical review of legislative measures have flourished in recent years, as well as on conversations (alas, more and more sporadic) with colleagues who still work in those places, and at the end of my thoughts, I can only conclude that perhaps the day that the Mafia is still very far away will be eradicated. And, with a bitter taste, I come back to mind the words of Paul, however, in his incurable optimism argued with conviction that "our thing" was intended to defeat an inescapable. His reasoning was not, however, without any foundation, but was based (as always, for that matter) on the undisputed facts in those days. Paul noted that one of his generation could not be pessimistic because when he was a child playing in the neighborhood of Palermo Kalsa of the mafia who was appointed as one who wanted to defame Sicily and the Sicilians because, according to conventional wisdom, " The Mafia does not exist, "and should not exist. Over the years, he, however, had found that the streets of Palermo, the young people started talking about the Mafia, have acknowledged the existence and at the same time, they began to deny consent. While it is therefore true, as Paolo Borsellino, who discuss the Mafia, in fact, the mere fact of naming it is the first step to combat and defeat inevitable, the deafening silence on Mafia carcinogen heard in the electoral programs of government and leads me to believe that there is certainly made a step backwards compared to realistic forecasts made by the late colleague. Today the fight against the Mafia is an empty "standard formula" to be included in speeches and propaganda against the criminal powers is no longer understood as a commitment by the community as a whole, but only as an activity entrusted to the exclusive and commendable commitment of judges totally isolated from the rest of society and institutions. I was called a memory of Paolo Borsellino and I can only remember his kindness. Many people, when they find out that I have had experience working with Paul, I want a personal evaluation on him. it always say: "Paul was a good man" and that statement seems to me that disappoint my interlocutors, who seems to understand it as reductive of the figure of this extraordinary magistrate. the other hand, still believe that no better definition is tailored to what Paul was. This is not to remain silent about the extraordinary professional skills of Paul, distinguished judge, a charismatic, able to quickly identify the key point of any issues that arose before and always able to resolve it as fairly and in accordance with justice. From him I learned to appreciate the unique ability to provide substitutes to us complete autonomy, making us always at the same time feel its vigilant protective presence, and I consider as a fundamental teaching of legal culture to his constant exhortations to obey the law and apply it with rigor and fairness. Moreover, the professional successes of Paolo Borsellino are known to all: think of the decision-order of the first maxi-trial against the mafia, in writing, along with Giovanni Falcone, during a summer spent inside the prison dell, where the State had forced them to stay elsewhere because unable to guarantee him an adequate protection or to arrest warrants issued again as part of that process and who, with pride, Paul liked to say that it had been free although the strict scrutiny of the Court of Cassation. Despite this, however, I continue to believe that the most important gift of Paolo Borsellino was the kindness and in this I was comforted by what riferitomi also his wife Agnes, who told me about that "little boy's memory Pascoli" harbored in the soul that is her husband. Paul was a pure heart, a man of exemplary honesty and great integrity, a person who lived a life crystal clear. I have always admired his ability to identify the weakest part of every human story in which, for personal or professional reasons he came across and its ability to immediately stand alongside those who had suffered wrongs. Remember him as a man of great sensitivity and with all the memories that pile up in my mind I like to remember an episode that saw the protagonist as a child, because in it I find the summary of the most admirable qualities of Paul and why I believe that only a person with a great sensitivity, as was he, is able to establish a relationship so intense with whom, as children, is the highest expression of the purity of feelings and ingenuity. I had just arrived in Marsala and Paul at the end of a day's work invited me to dinner along with other colleagues. He told me he wanted to take me to eat at a charming place. In fact, the restaurant was located on a spit of land projected into the Sicilian sea and the evening in late spring meant that the sea at sunset and the sky lit up with lights and almost merge into a kaleidoscope of colors. Upon entering the restaurant I saw Paul get to meet a girl of no more than six years, with blond hair in two pigtails, which she threw herself into his arms. Paul took her arm and stroked it tenderly, so much so that the child remained for almost the entire evening on his knees. This attitude struck me, but my amazement at the end of the evening ended when I found out who was that girl. It was the only eyewitness to the fall of a military plane which took place near the airport of Trapani. Paul, who was investigating on that fact, he had heard that children who have been understandably shaken by the scene in which he had witnessed and, aware of the violence that inevitably was going to have on a child, forcing her to remember a painful fact for her, she was able to find those words, those ways and those gestures that only those with a high degree of purity of mind can be used without hurting the feelings of being a naive and fragile as a child of that age. This man was Paolo Borsellino and so I like to remember.
Luciano Costantini Replace. Proc Rep. Pistoia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment